Pay Later with Katapult
A lease to own platform, helping you make what you lease, yours, today!
Katapult offers lease purchase transactions with no long term obligation and options for ownership. The customer is not buying the merchandise outright. Katapult is leasing the product to the customer, through the use of a lease purchase agreement.
Katapult encourages customer loyalty by rewarding customers who make on-time payments, and successfully pay off their lease agreement, with new, lower cost payment options with higher limits for their next lease purchase with Katapult.
- A current, valid US address that is active with the USPS. (PO Boxes will not be accepted)
- A cell phone with them, with a valid mobile number that can receive SMS
- A valid Social Security or Taxpayer ID Number (ITIN).
- A valid email address.
- A valid credit or debit card to make recurring payments. (no prepaid or gift cards, and the card MUST be in the signing customer’s name)
- They must be 18 years of age or older to apply
The payment method used must belong to the customer. The name on the card must match the name on the valid ID and the Katapult Application.
Flexible Lease Option
- Exercise early purchase option (EPO) to buy the leased item(s).
- Renew the lease for more recurring payments.
- Return the item(s) to Katapult.
Important things to know
- Product(s) will be shipped to the customer upon electronically signing and agreeing to the lease and making the initial payment, in most cases for the first payment of $45
- The customer will make their first lease payment on their next Katapult due date, which is set during the application process.
- Katapult is not available for customers in MN, NJ, WI, and WY.
- Katapult will collect the sales tax from the customer over the course of the agreement.
- Katapult offers customers an early purchase option at any time during their lease - this is at a discount over the entire cost of the lease.
- Customer's shipping address must match their billing address provided during the application process.
Early Purchase Option
The customer can elect to pay off their product early. Katapult offers a 90 day early purchase option which allows them to pay off their lease within 90 days for only the cash price plus 5% and any applicable tax. The first payment of $45 will not be credited to the early payoff amount of the product, unless legally mandated. If the customer does not buyout the lease within the 90 day early purchase option window, they will continue making recurring payments according to their lease term. The customer always has the option to buy out the item in subsequent months, at the price referenced in the early purchase option schedule contained in the lease agreement.
Katapult’s lease purchase agreements are available in lengths of 10, 12 or 18 months. For leases up to $400 a 10 month term will be offered. For lease amounts $401-$2000 a 12 month lease will be offered. An 18 month lease term will be available when the amount leased is $2,001- $3,500. Offers may vary by state regulation, amount of the purchase or other factors.
Katapult’s lease limits vary for each customer. When pre-approved, the customer will be able to view their available lease limit by logging into their Katapult account on www.Katapult.com. The customer will also receive a text message and an email that includes the approval limit. Pre-approval amounts may not be modified; however they can be utilized for more than one lease up to the total pre-approved amount.
Katapult does not charge late fees to customers, ever!
Frequently Asked Questions
Visit our FAQ (https://katapult.com/faq/) page to find out more about using Katapult.