XP DEUS II v1.0 Update Instructions
Posted by Destination Gold on
Mac and PC Compatible Platform
XP is pleased to announce the launch of the new update platform,
compatible with PC and MAC for your DEUS II.
Create your account and update your DEUS II to Version 1.0 now and enjoy the latest innovations for free!
NOTE: The update platform only works with the following browsers: Chrome, Edge, Opera, Brave)
What's new in Version 1.0:
FULL TONES (DISCRI > EXPERT)
- DISCRIMINATION=TONE BREAK
Values below the discrimination level, such as the ground and iron, are now audible without having to lower the discrimination to -6.4. The discrimination setting acts as a "tone break," and the Iron Volume setting adjusts the volume of ground and iron below the discrimination level.
- OFFSET-FT (FULLTONES > EXPERT)
40 (max) = all targets above the discrimination level will produce the same high-pitched sound.
- Full Tones -TONE VOLUME (FULLTONES > EXPERT)
Configures the tone breaks and volume levels of 5 conductivity ranges of the Full Tones in order to prioritize certain target ranges.
TONE VOLUME (MENU > DISCRI > EXPERT > TONES > EXPERT)
Adjusts the individual volume of each tone on 11 levels to attenuate certain target ranges and prioritize others.
FREQUENCY MAX (MENU > FREQ MAX)
Reducing the Max Frequency improves ground stability and iron discrimination.
This also reduces sensitivity to weak conductors (T.ID 25-50) and the ability to accept coins mixed with nails or heavily mineralized soil.
For example, program 1 GENERAL coupled with a Max Frequency of 14khz (4-14khz spectrum) is more suitable for locating high conductive targets (silver coins) through aluminum foil, compared to the default band up to 40khz.
Note: The frequency shift and auto frequency scan have been moved to the Max Frequency sub-menu.
AUDIO FILTER (OPTION > AUDIO)
Cleans up the audio and sounds smoother, less instability, particularly at depth, choosing the correct Audio Filter for your search area can gain a few extra centimeters of performance.
- On clean beaches or clean open ground, higher levels from 2 to 5 will be interesting.
- In polluted iron environments, lower levels from 0 to 2 will retain enough nuances in the iron feedback to better recognize Ferrous and Non-Ferrous targets.
HI-SQUARE AUDIO TYPE (OPTION > AUDIO > AUDIO TYPE)
This new audio type has a richer and clearer harmonic content than the SQUARE Audio Type and can very often help identify deep quiet targets.
In Pitch mode, strong targets close to the coil will be less sharp and softened compared to SQUARE, in order to better identify deep targets without saturating your hearing with close and strong signals.
The target ID (T.ID) display now updates faster, so that the ID of a ferrous target does not linger on a non-ferrous target. Also, adjust the FE T.ID setting to OFF to favor the display of non-ferrous targets.
FE T.ID (OPTION > CONFIG > ON/OFF)
FE T.ID = ON: Displays the ID of ferrous targets.
FE T.ID = OFF: Will not display the ID of ferrous targets but only targets with an ID value higher than the discrimination setting (even if you keep the Iron Volume).
In iron-polluted environments, set FE T.ID to OFF to focus on the display of non-ferrous targets.
SILENCER (DISCRI > EXPERT)
Now more effective and staggered with 8 levels from 0 to 7.
With the silencer set to levels 2-3, difficult ferrous targets displaying a high ID and generating high-pitched tones will be better eliminated.
If you want to further improve the discrimination of ferrous targets, consider:
- Increasing the Silencer to 3, 4, 5...
- Increasing the discrimination level to 8-10.
- Use the B.caps reject (rejecting ferrous and large iron capsules)
- Reducing the Max Frequency to 24 or 14kHz
Program 1-General now uses 2 tones and the Big T.ID display mode as default. Its reactivity is slightly reduced from 2.5 to 2 to offer you more performance in general use on less polluted ground.
Multi Notch and Ground menu is now available on the WS6
The Multi-Notch as well as the Ground menu with its all-metal mode are now present on the WS6 Master.
Click HERE or on the link at the bottom of the page to go to the Updater page and then follow the instructions in the updater carefully.(Note: The update is now done directly on the website, no need to download a file. You just have to create your account in a few clicks)
Charge your remote control and headphones to at least 50% before updating.
- Select the "DEUS II" tab at the top of the updater page.
- Choose the version you wish to install from the drop-down menu on the left.
- Follow the instructions to set your remote control to update mode (Option > Config > Update > Confirm).
- Use the 3 output USB cable supplied with your DEUS II.
WS6 AND WSAII / WSAIIXL HEADPHONES
Please note that it is mandatory to update your WS6, WSAII and WSAII XL wireless headphones to the same version as the remote control, otherwise they will not work.
- Select the "WS6 or WSAII" tab at the top of the updater page. The WSAII and WSAII XL use the same updater file / tab.
- Follow the instructions given by the updater to set your headphones to update mode.
- Press the button ⚙️ to access Option, scroll with the same button and select CONFIG by pressing for 2 seconds
- Scroll with the same button and select UPDATE by pressing the button for 3 seconds
- Press the bottom right button to confirm
Press the - button and then the + button and hold both buttons for 12 seconds.
! Use the single USB cable (DATA) that we supply with the headphones and not the 3 output one.
CUSTOMISED USER PROGRAMS
If you have created customised programs, we recommend that you make a note of them before the update so that you can re-enter them after the update.
(Note: The update is now done directly on the website, no need to download a file. You just have to create your account in a few clicks)