Pay Later with Afterpay
Don't just pay later. Pay better.
Afterpay’s business model is completely free for customers who pay on time – helping people spend responsibly without incurring interest, fees or extended debt. Afterpay empowers customers to access the things they want and need, while still allowing them to maintain financial wellness and control, by splitting payments in four, for both online and in-store purchases.
How it works?
- Afterpay allows retailers to offer instalment plans for online shoppers, allowing a purchase to be paid for in four installments, due every 2 weeks.
- Simply shop with one of your favorite stores found in the Shop Directory and choose Afterpay as your payment method at checkout. First-time shoppers provide payment details as usual, returning shoppers simply log in to make their purchase. It’s that easy!
- After you check out, the goods will be shipped to you by the retailer. At any time, you can log in to your Afterpay account to see your payment schedule and make a payment before the due date. Otherwise we will automatically take the money from your AMEX, debit or credit card on your payment due dates.
Afterpay does not approve 100% of orders. We are committed to ensuring we support responsible spending.
Things to consider:
- are there sufficient funds on your card (generally we look to see the first installment amount available to spend)
- length of time you have been using Afterpay (tighter in the first 6 weeks)
- amount you have to repay, it may help to pay some off (not a guarantee)
- the value of the order you are trying to place, it may help to reduce the value of your shopping cart (not a guarantee)
- the number of orders you currently have 'open' with us (not a guarantee)
Afterpay is deeply committed to delivering positive outcomes for customers. If a customer misses a payment, they won’t be able to use Afterpay until the payments are up-to-date. Late payment fees are charged but are fixed, capped and do not accumulate over time. Customers are never entrapped in revolving debt and never incur interest. We are focused on supporting our community of shoppers.
A late fee may be charged when an installment for an order is not paid after the applicable grace period (usually 10 days unless otherwise noted on your payment schedule). We will only ever charge one late fee per installment and the total amount of late fees charged on an order will never exceed 25% of your initial order value.
For more information, visit Afterpay Help Center