MZ 6100™ Walk-Through Metal Detector
Standard 30" Version
Safety at an affordable price
Competitively priced, Garrett's MZ 6100 walkthrough metal detector provides enhanced performance and superior versatility. More than 15 special program selections have been engineered to meet the varying requirements of schools, stadiums, government buildings, airports, special events, prisons, night clubs, entertainment venues, loss prevention, and more.
The MZ 6100's bright LED indicators are highly visible, even in direct sunlight. The unit's 20 detection zones provide the precise location for one or more metallic objects simultaneously, and advanced circuitry allows multiple detectors to be installed as close as 2 inches from each other.
Operator adjustments are simple, thanks to intuitive menu design and a convenient slider bar to quickly adjust the value of a detector setting. The MZ 6100 also includes an Auto Scan function where the unit automatically selects the optimal operating frequency for environmental noise cancellation.
- 20-Zone Precision The MZ 6100's twenty zones provide a precise location of one or more objects simultaneously.
- Advanced Synchronization Internal circuitry and 4 selectable channels allow any quantity of MZ detectors to be grouped as closely as 2 inches from each other. This provides the greatest flexibility in checkpoint design and effectively doubles the number of units that can be grouped in a tight space (as compared to other detector models).
- Optimum Performance More than 15 application programs engineered to address the needs of schools, airports, special events, prisons, courthouses, facilities, mass transit, loss prevention, and other applications.
- Intuitive Menu Design 32-character menu prompts are easy for users to understand (i.e., no codes, acronyms to learn).
- Auto-Scan Function The MZ 6100 scans the electromagnetic environment and selects optimal frequency for noise cancellation.
- Convenient Slider Bar Use to quickly adjust the value of a setting.
- Enhanced Access Control Tamper-free detector controls via a 5-digit alpha/numeric system that has 60 million code combos. Additional security measures include a programmable keypad restriction switch secured in the lockable cabinet.
- High Intensity LED Indicators Up to 5x brighter than indicator lights on some detectors. Eye-level green "proceed" symbol, red "wait" symbol, and zone indicators are highly visible, even in direct sunlight.
- Directional Counter Four settings for counting patrons: forward-only, reverse only, subtract in reverse, and bidirectional.
- Optional Wired or Wireless Communication Manage walkthroughs individually or as groups and perform statistical analysis via the network with CMA interface module.
- Two Optional Battery Backup Choices 1-hour or 10-hour operation lithium batteries available.
- Superior versatility Field is programmable to allow system upgrades. Environmentally protected against wind, dust, rain. A full array of accessory items available. See the "Accessories" tab.
- Selectable Language Select preferred language for user programming functions.
|Operating Temperatures||-4° F (-20° C) to +140° F (60° C); Humidity to 95% non-condensing.|
|Power||Fully automatic 100 to 240 VAC, 50 or 60 Hertz, 40 watts; no rewiring, switching or adjustments needed.|
|Regulatory Information||Meets Electrical Safety and Compatibility Requirements for CE, FCC, CSA, IEC, ICNIRP, and IEEE. Additional certifications pending.|
|Weatherproofing||Meets IP 55, IP 65 (optional), IEC 529 Standard for moisture, foreign matter protection|
|Construction||Attractive scratch and mar-resistant laminate. Detection Heads and Support: heavy-duty aluminum.|
|Control Outputs||Optional module connector via RS 485 cable provides NO/NC relay contact|
|Remote Control (optional)||Desktop Remote Control with Zone Indication; personal computer with wired or wireless CMA; or IR remote CMA.|
|Networking (optional)||Manage individual or groups of walkthroughs and perform statistical analysis of throughput with wired or wireless CMA.|
|Alarm Indicators||Red Alarm LEDs on the control panel and at eye-level plus 20 independent zone indicators|
|Garrett Walk-Through Detector Safety||Garrett walk-through metal detectors meet the U.S. and international regulatory requirements for electromagnetic safety. Extensive research has found no information that would indicate Garrett products have adverse effects on pregnancy, medical devices (such as pacemakers) or magnetic recording media. However, directives by physicians and medical device manufacturers regarding metal detectors should be followed.|
|Standard Programs||More than 15 application programs included|
|Sensitivity||200 distinct sensitivity levels|
|Auto Frequency Scan||Automatic selection of optimal frequency|
|Highly Intensity LED Indicators||Crisp, eye-level green and red status lights and zone indicators are highly visible, even in direct sunlight|
|Tamper-Proof Settings||Three levels of security clearance include access codes and lockable panel|
|Self Diagnostic Program||Complete and automatic|
|Zone Sensitivity Boost||20 Independently adjustable zone boosts|
|Battery Packs (optional)||1-hour or 10-hour operation options available|
|Warranty||24 months, Limited Parts/Labor|
|MZ 6100™ shown with optional Caster Set|
Passageway Interior Size
|Width 30" (0.76 m)|
|Height 80" (2.03 m)|
|Depth 23" (0.58 m)|
Overall Exterior Size
|Width 35" (0.90 m)|
|Height 87" (2.21 m)|
|Depth 23" (0.58 m)|
|Width 35.5" (0.90 m)|
|Height 91.5" (2.32 m)|
|Depth 6.25" (.16 m)|
|Shipping Weight: 151 lbs. (68.5 kg)|
MZ 6100 shown with optional Walk-Through Caster Set